PRESS RELEASE: San Diego, CA (September 2013) – Petco announces the launch of the Star Wars Pet Fans collection. No need for Jedi mind tricks; the complete line of collars, leads, apparel and toys, co-designed by Petco and Lucasfilm, will have pets obeying all commands in order to get their paws on this one-of-a-kind collection, available in all Petco and Unleashed by Petco stores and online at petco.com.
“Star Wars is, and will always be, a cultural icon, and Petco is proud to be able to collaborate with Lucasfilm on co-developing such a unique line of products for pets that is only available at Petco,” says Elisabeth Charles, Chief Marketing Officer from Petco Animal Supplies. “Many Star Wars fans have taken it upon themselves to create fantastic costumes for their pets, and now Petco offers products that are not only creative and fun, but also safe for pets.”
The complete line of products include:
- Dog hoodies: Whether pets prefer the company of Chewbacca or a Jedi like Yoda, or instead enjoy the dark side with Darth Vader, or play it neutral like Boba Fett, these hoodies are sure to keep dogs sporting their Star Wars spirit all year.
- Dog and cat neckwear: Every Star Wars fanatic needs a nifty necktie to spice up their wardrobe and now both dogs and cats can have one too! These themed neckties and bow ties will make sure pets are more handsome than Hans Solo himself. For a more casual look, Star Wars print dog bandanas allows pets to sport their spirit in any situation.
- Pet beds: Although pets may not be able to cuddle up with the Ewoks on Endor, they can still fulfill their emotional needs with a comfy Star Wars bed in either a Yoda or Darth Vader theme.
- Cat toys: Cats get their fix and they don’t even have to head to the cantina on Tatooine. Catnip mouse toys dressed as Chewbacca, Yoda, Darth Vader or Stormtroopers, as well as themed ball and teaser toys will keep cats mentally alert for hours.
- Graphic tees: Star Wars characters come to life in these comfy, cotton graphic t-shirts. Choose from classic Star Wars print, Darth Vader, Yoda or Princess Leia. Each T-shirt comes printed with a timeless Star Wars quote.
- Headpieces: Yoda ears and Princess Leia buns for pets? It’s a dream come true with these adorable headpieces for dogs and cats that are sure to turn heads.
- Dog toys: Pets don’t have to be Luke Skywalker to do battle with the Dark Side. Keep dogs entertained for hours with various dog toys that are themed both good and evil. Choose from Stormtroopers, Darth Vader, Jabba the Hutt, Chewbacca, Yoda, Boba Fett, C-3P0, or R2-D2.
- Collars and leads: Dogs will love the matching collars and leads in Princess Leia pink, Death Star print, Yoda green and Star Wars hero blue. All four prints come in cat collars too!
- Darth Vader Fair Isle sweater: Fans with a flair for a classic look will love this this vintage-esque Darth Vader sweater. The Dark Side never looked so good!
To find a store near you or to purchase Star Wars-themed pet products, visit www.petco.com/starwars (site will be live September 1, 2013).
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that make it easier for our customers to be great pet parents. Everything we do is guided by our vision for Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We operate more than 1,200 stores nationwide and in Puerto Rico, including more than 50 Unleashed by Petco locations, a smaller format neighborhood shop, and www.petco.com. The Petco Foundation, an independent nonprofit organization, has raised more than $110 million since it was created in 1999 to help promote and improve the welfare of companion animals. In conjunction with the Foundation, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, help find homes for more than 350,000 animals every year.
Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © 2013 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.