PRESS RELEASE: LOS GATOS, CA (12/5/2013)—Rita Moreno, 81, legendary award winning actress, activist and author, reveals her secrets of happiness, wellness and longevity in the latest issue of ActiveOver50 magazine.
“Think of yourself as a young person and keep your dreams and ideas alive,” advises Rita. “You always have to be able to get up, dust yourself off and move forward.”
“I wake up each morning humming and filled with an appreciation of how privileged I am. Retirement is NOT in my DNA.”
Her new book: “Rita Moreno. A Memoir” is a New York Times best seller. She reveals her life long insecurities and love-hate affair with Marion Brando. Winning the Academy Award in 1962 for Best Supporting Actress in West Side Story changed her life forever and made her an instant worldwide celebrity.
Moreno is one of only 14 people to win the four major entertainment honors—Emmy, Oscar, Tony and Grammy awards. She was the first Hispanic to win an Oscar.
In January 2014, she achieves the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishments.
Today, she continues to act in feature films, make guest appearances on television, and sing and perform in theatrical productions.
Besides profiling Rita Moreno, the latest issue of ActiveOver50 includes the following articles and columnists:
• Dr. Walter M. Bortz, II—“Is Aging Fate or Choice?” Dr. Bortz is one of America’s foremost experts on wellness and longevity. Author of seven books including “Dare to Be 100.”
• “Adventures Off the Beaten Track”–Don Mankin, award winning travel writer journeys to the jungles and mountains of Peru.
• Money Lady Evelyn Preston—“Seniors and the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare).” Author and speaker Evelyn Preston has worked as a financial advisor for over 25 years.
• “Take Charge of Your Financial Life”—Philip P. Nguyen, New York Life Insurance Company.
• “Why Remodeling Is So Hard On One’s Soul? — Iris Harrell, founder/CEO of Harrell Remodeling.
• Travel Tips for Seniors—Lois Tager, director of geriatric care management at Law Offices of Roy W. Litherland.
• Dad’s Final Years of Dementia—Judged by ActiveOver50 as best “Caregiver Story” in 2013.
About ActiveOver50 Media
Founded in 2005, ActiveOver50 is a multimedia company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area providing an array of products for boomers and seniors including print/digital lifestyle magazines, TV segments with NBC Bay Area, trade shows, eNewsletters, websites and social media programs.
ActiveOver50 targets active 50+ consumers who are working, seeking work, thinking of retiring or leading active retired lives. For more information about ActiveOver50 Media, contact founder/publisher Larry W. Hayes at 408.921.5806 or email: Larry@ActiveOver50.com. Visit website: ActiveOver50.com.